Wolters Kluwer Head of Sales in Albany, New York
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting North America is looking for a VP of Sales to join our Teammate division.
Our successful candidate will lead experienced and knowledgeable Sales Managers, who manage Field Sales Representatives. As Head of Sales - Software, you will be primarily responsible for driving strong and sustained sales results. Will develop a passionate and accountable sales organization that focuses on attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. Will be at the forefront of an evolution of this critical sales team continually striving to be the best in the industry.
- Providing overall direction for the success of the sales organization, including sales strategy and deployment, forecasting, planning and budgeting process, defining required roles,
and organizational structure to maximize Company financial goals and objectives.
Leading and managing the direct and channel sales organization members to ensure strategic objectives, processes and accountabilities are developed, communicated and achieved.
Directing the strategy and development of overall sales process and adherence to deliver revenue and growth targets. Generates sales forecasting reports; tracks, analyzes and reporting
and incentive earnings and identifies areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Defining and executing sales compensation strategies - including on boarding, training, incentive plans and setting of targets that are aligned with overall company goals, objectives and financial
Proactively monitoring and maintaining high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in the sales organization's planning and execution efforts.
Managing and monitoring evolving customer needs and satisfaction, recommends appropriate strategies, tactics and initiatives to enhance competitive position and increase revenues.
Developing strategies and sales plans to leverage and enhance existing and new channels in order to stimulate profitable revenue growth across the business.
Establishing the strategic, direction and tactics used by the sales force to grow and maintain the account base. Drives implementation and compliance with CRM tools to ensure accurate
customer contact, sales process and sales tracking.
- Determining and accurately creating forecasts and business growth potential by analyzing various finance, sales results and trends.
Demonstrated working knowledge, experience and success in an organization in the following:
Act as a trusted advisor partner to business unit leaders in developing & executing sales strategy and aligning appropriate sales process
Transform sales operations through partnership with business unit leaders
Design & implement rigorous sales operations, training & development programs
Design & implement innovative software sale strategies
Execute results and strong motivational leadership with a successful track record in software sales performance with on or above target results. An expert knowledge in sales best practices and
methodologies and demonstrated ability to stay current on industry & market trends
- Must have advanced interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work and lead cross-functionally and develop strong relationships with internal and external constituents including C-level
executives as well as demonstrate advanced listening skills.
Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills -- experience should include demonstrated ability to develop innovative and effective strategies.
Excellent facilitation skills and ability to influence. Proven success in matrix organizations with corresponding influencing and communications skills. Drives for collaboration in conjunction with
shared goals & objectives.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills including preparing and presenting complex information to senior management and large groups. Must be able to communicate effectively and
frequently with transparency.
- Demonstrated ability to transform an organization to ensure the right talent and capabilities exist and are aligned in an effective organizational structure. Attracts and hires top talent. Ensures
effective on boarding, training and performance management strategies are implemented to manage and retain top talent.
Must be well-organized - must show evidence of successfully implemented strategies and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously and remain focused.
Have a thorough understanding of financial concepts including revenue projections, forecasting, costing, budgeting, etc.
Leads, inspires and manages talent, sets effective goals & objectives, measures and rewards high performance.
Defines roles, required capabilities, and optimal organization structure for the team to perform at or above target levels. Regularly assesses talent on results & potential, takes aggressive actions to
ensure the organization has the right talent and capabilities and develops future leaders and has the ability to create a trusting and respectful environment that celebrates individual and cultural
Frequent travel - more than 40%
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled