General Electric LIPB Assembler 2 in Albany, New York
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Aviation – Electrical Power, LI (EP-LI) is a predominately US Military supplier providing equipment
for a wide variety of land based and aircraft applications including air transport, rotorcraft and military fixed wing.
We have been servicing major customers of Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and General
Dynamics for more than 40 years. Our staff of dedicated professionals has consistently applied creative
engineering solutions to support mission critical requirements. These solutions have repeatedly been successfully
applied with state of the art manufacturing techniques in both high and low volume production programs. Our
site is housed in a 94,000 square foot facility, designed specifically to provide vertical integration of the broad
range of capabilities required to give us control of all aspects of the design, development, manufacturing and test
of products. Bohemia is located near Islip, NY. Come learn more at http://www.theislips.com/resources.html
about our area! at http://www.theislips.com/resources.html
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In the role of LIPB Assembler 2, you will perform a series of steps in the manufacturing process of electronic assembly, which are assembled in accordance with military specifications; ability to work various jobs within home department
Essential Functions/Responsibilities In this role, you will:
• Perform assembly steps, with little or no assistance to, PC board assembly and soldering, chassis wiring and soldering, mechanical assembly, and inspection
• Follow operation sheets, engineering drawings and engineering change orders in completion of the assembly tasks
• Exercise care to ensure that each step in the process is completed correctly and that the part or finished product meets the quality specifications
• Maintain records as required to charge direct labor time to specific product amounts
• Perform duties using a variety of small hand tools and related production equipment
• Provide training and mentoring for other employees as required
• Perform other routine operations within fairly similar situations as required
• Provide written and/or oral communications concerning a variety of situations
• Keep workstation, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
• Understand and comply with all Company, safety rules and regulations
• Engage and participate in a self – directed teaming environment
• High School Diploma / GED
• Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience
• IPC-A-610 & J-STD-001 Certifications (or ability to get certified)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
• Skills in handling basic or simple tools and/or measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, radius gauges, etc.
• Basic to intermediate computer skills
• Skills the basic ability to interpret & follow drawings, operations sheets and perform in- process inspections
• Should possess dexterity skills, good hand & eye coordination
• Past experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
• Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
• Lean manufacturing knowledge
Locations: United States; New York; Bohemia, Islip, Ronkonkoma, Suffolk,