Humana Medicare Sales Representative - Utica, NY in Albany, New York
Role: Medicare Sales Representative
Assignment: Humana MarketPoint (Medicare Sales Organization)
Location:* *Utica , NY
This position is a work at home opportunity located in Utica with a focus on Oneida, Herkimer and Lewis counties
Humana is seeking a motivated, self -starting individual to sell the Humana Medicare Advantage Plans as well as other insurance lines to include life, annuity, indemnity, dental, vision and more. Cultivate and maintain relationships with Humana’s customers, external business partners and within the community.
- Meet with eligible participants with the goal of enrollment and presenting product information for Medicare Advantage product portfolio
- Market and promote products to the Medicare population
- Conduct individual and group presentations to promote brand awareness
Self-generate sales leads from various community engagement initiatives within defined territory
High School Diploma
- Active NY Health & Life Insurance Licenses
- AHIP Certification or ability to obtain 12 days prior to start date, Humana will pay for obtaining this certification if you do not have the certification
- Ability to establish relationships with community partners
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficient in Desktop Tools/Microsoft Outlook & Mobile applications
- High level of self-motivation; ability to accomplish goals independently
This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Sales experience in a managed health care setting
Bilingual English/Spanish language skills highly desired-ability to speak, read and write in both languages without limitations or assistance
You will report to a Sales Manager.
Any Humana associate who speaks with a member in a language other than English must take a language proficiency assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency. Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating (ILR) test as provided by the Federal Government.
Title: Medicare Sales Representative - Utica, NY
Location: New York-Syracuse
Other Locations: US-New York-Albany, US-New York-Syracuse
Requisition ID: 188872
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our full accessibility rights information and language options.