nfrastructure Software QA Specialist in Albany, New York
Let’s Work Together
Software QA Specialist
This position is based in Albany, NY
LIFE at Zones nfrastructure
At Zones nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. Zones nfrastructure nployees relish challenging projects working alongside technology’s best and the brightest. Our team members enjoy the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve problems and capitalize on opportunities. Our work environments are designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success. We are a high-growth organization that counts many of the world’s most admired brands as customers. nfrastructure is a CRN Triple Crown winner, a member of the Fast Growth 150, Tech Elite 250 and Solution Provider 500, Inc.’s Build 100 List of Sustained-Growth Companies, Inc.’s 500|5000 list, and are recognized as both a Times Union Top Workplace and a Best Company to Work for in New York State.
The role: Software QA Specialist
This individual will be responsible for all aspects of software testing and provide support to the change management function. The incumbent primarily will lead the testing automation effort, as well as coordinate and supervise the manual testing and documentation components of the software quality assurance group.
This individual must demonstrate superior software quality assurance skills, including but not limited to knowledge of: various software development methodologies and tools, particularly those currently in use at The Research Foundation; software development best practices; formal review processes; verification and validation methods; change management; and configuration management. This individual must be experienced in a test automation tool, as well as possess the skills needed to define, manage, and execute the automation effort.
- Define, manage, and execute a comprehensive test automation program and provide support and backup.
- Coordinate the manual testing program and all test related documentation.
- Facilitate the technical and/or functional troubleshooting in the testing environments.
- Facilitate operational teams and analysts in the preparation of test plans.
- Responsible for the procedures and processes associated with automated and manual testing
- Responsible for managing and running all aspects of change management cycles for enterprise software releases
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline required; recognized professional certification a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience in software development or software quality assurance or equivalent experience
- Experience with Mercury Interactive’s QuickTest Pro or similar software
- Experience with HP’s Project and Portfolio Management Center
- Experience with HP’s Quality Center
nfrastructure partners with the world’s most admired brands to design, build, and operate infrastructure and applications for digital business. Our insight, execution, and results culture, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major market, tightly integrated high-availability remote support and our innovative, proprietary “nterprise” software platform delivers a highly differentiated value proposition for our customers and partners.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at https://nfrastructure.com/careers/latest-jobs.html
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.
Location: Albany, NY
Department: Operations - PS - RF