Research Foundation for the State University of Ne Student Intern for Strategy & Planning in Albany, New York
About The Research Foundation for SUNY:
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is the largest, most comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country. The RF manages SUNY's research portfolio providing essential sponsored programs administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students performing research in life sciences and medicine; engineering and nanotechnology; physical sciences and energy; social sciences, and computer and information sciences. The RF moves SUNY ideas and inventions to the marketplace collaborating with business and industry to create new opportunity and new jobs for New York State.
The Research Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that promoting a diverse, inclusive working environment enhances productivity, creates personal and professional opportunities, unleashes each individual's full potential and fuels innovation.
The Research Foundation and its employees are committed to a culture of integrity and accountability, holding each other and the organization to the highest standards of ethical behavior.
Visit www.rfsuny.org and connect with the RF on Facebook. Learn about the Power of SUNY at www.suny.edu.
Function & Scope
Under the general supervision of the Associate Director, the person will assist with project and resource management, and all departmental initiatives. The person will interact with RF management, central office, SUNY System Administration, and campus staff.
- Serve as a team member on Strategy and Planning and RF-wide projects and effectively handle assigned tasks by deadlines to move projects forward.
- Produce analyses, conduct research, write meeting notes, and produce presentations.
- Compile information for monthly RF Status Report.
- Ensure Strategy and Planning website content is current.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
Education and Skills
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with a wide variety of constituents.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new technology.
- Ability to perform research, gather data and present information effectively.
- Aptitude for maintaining website content.
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages enable you to upload additional documents including a cover letter.
Returning Applicants - Login to your RF SUNY Careers Account to review your application.
Locations: Albany, NY
Posted: Feb 21, '18