AngioDynamics Production Assembler in Glens Falls, New York
Assemble and package medical device products to high quality standards in accordance with all policy and procedural standards of AngioDynamics.
- Manufacture high quality medical devices with maximum efficiency and minimal scrap and rework
- Set up work station with necessary equipment and supplies as per job assignment
- Follow proper procedures involving a broad range of components which requires one or more of the following: bonding, assembling, packaging, sealing or operating equipment per specifications
- Assemble and package devices following the operating procedures and blueprints
- Transport, issue and stage raw materials and components for each work order as required
- Set up and adjust equipment as trained to do within the scope of the position; defer complex setup and troubleshooting to Machine Operators, Machine Shop, Maintenance Techician personnel as directed by supervisor
- Complete all documentation as required for each work order
- Complete computer transactions as required for each work order
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area
- Maintain a positive attitude and consistently demonstrate respectful behavior towards all co-workers and supervisory staff
- Adhere strictly to all AngioDynamics safety procedures and policies at all times
- Operate equipment and handle materials in a safe and proper manner as specified by policies and procedural standards
- Immediately communicate concerns related to manufacturing processes to supervision, particularly those that affect safety or product quality
- May perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Level of Degree in the general education field of study
- Manufacturing production line experience is preferred.
- Must possess aptitude to learn blueprint reading and the operation of computer terminals with appropriate training.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Basic computer navigation and operation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to regularly stand, sit, and walk to perform production tasks. Required to perform repetitive movement while demonstrating proficient hand and eye coordination, hand dexterity and good vision. (insert physical abilities, repetitive movement, vision requirements, etc.)
- This position requires some travel up to 0% of the time.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, AngioDynamics will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed,or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Requisition Number: 2126BR
Type of Position: Fulltime-Regular