Kimpton Hotels Bartender in Manchester, Vermont
The Copper Grouse, Bartender, Manchester, Vermont
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: The purpose of the position of the Head Bartender is to prepare drinks for guests and to serve them in a professional and courteous manner. Drinks will also be prepared for the Food and Cocktail Servers upon request. The position may also involve serving food to the guests. The essential hospitality standards must be used at all times: eye contact, smile, speak first, and engage in polite conversation (if time permits).
Your day-to-day will include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet and serve guests at the bar.
- Pour drinks, using standard pour according to specifications.
- Serve drinks to guests, along with filling orders for the Food and Cocktail Servers. - Write drink orders.
- Handle cash and credit transactions.
- Clean and change ash trays and empty trash cans as necessary.
- Fill and clean ice bins.
- Stock beer and wine coolers.
- Clean shelving, stainless steel, mixers, cups, blenders and soda guns.
- Notify a manager if a guest is becoming intoxicated or rude to other guests.
- Follow uniform and grooming specifications.
- Communicate with support crew and management.
- Serve food if requested.
- Operate bar equipment.
- Unpack deliveries and stock bar. Change beer kegs.
- Record accurate "tip out" sheets.
Specific experience we're seeking:
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).