General Electric Legal Operation Intern - Horton Fellow in Niskayuna, New York
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As the Carl Horton Memorial Fellow, you will work as a key and valued member of the GE Intellectual Property team located at the GE Global Research Center, Niskayuna, NY. The GE IP team partners with technical, legal and business teams across the GE Company to help drive world class research and product development, providing full service legal support in the areas of Intellectual Property protection, licensing, third party collaborations, enforcement, and compliance programs.
As a Carl Horton Fellow, you will work with the GE IP, legal, technology and business teams with a particular focus on digital industrial, to help:
• Enable and accelerate technology differentiation in the digital industrial space from an intellectual property perspective
• Identify and protect game changing and cross-business digital technology through all forms of IP
• Coordinate activities with the GE Ventures team including building complex business/licensing programs, especially with novel business models
• Prepare Business plans, including IP/technology assessments, valuations, market/customer analysis, deal/agreement structuring and execution where appropriate
As a Carl Horton Fellow, you will also interact directly with GE’s Chief Intellectual Property Counsel and President of GE Licensing.
• First or Second Year Law Student enrolled in an accredited Law school or University
• Strong academic performance with an overall 3.0 GPA or better in the most recent completed degree.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Must be 18 years or older
• You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
• Willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY when school is not in session, and occasionally per need when school is in session
• Willing to work 40 hours when school is not in session and 15-20 hours when school is in session
• Demonstrated passion for digital technologies
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex technical, business, or legal issues
• Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing with clarity, conciseness, and impact
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, adapt to new situations, and contribute productively in a professional environment
• An undergraduate degree in Engineering, Technology, Software, Science or related field
Locations: United States; New York; Niskayuna