The Wesley Community LPN (Full Time, Day, Evening, Night) in Saratoga Springs, New York
Job Overview: The Wesley Community is currently seeking LPN's!
WHAT CAN THE WESLEY COMMUNITY OFFER ME?
- Flexible Schedule! Work part time or go to college? We can work around your existing schedule. Most of our part time employees work between 16 - 24 hours a week.
- A dedicated,caring and passionate Wesley Team ready to supportyou and provide opportunity!
- A fun environment, with family picnics, theme weeks, recognition events and opportunities to become involved within our campus.
- Benefits for full time and qualifying part time employees upon hire!
I'M NEW TO LONG TERM CARE, WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
- Long Term Care is very rewarding, as you have the ability to make a difference in someone's life every day. You will build relationships with the residents, staff and families of your unit while providing care in a home-like setting.
- Expect to be challenged by a wide variety of situations - you will have routine tasks such as med passes and dressing changes, but no two days are the same.
- Lots of one-on-one time and attention spent on your residents.
ABOUT THE WESLEY COMMUNITY:
The Wesley Community has provided services and programs with a commitment to compassion, caring and excellence for 40 years. Our distinctive continuum of care offers a unique balance of community living and caregiving that ensures quality of life at every stage of life. We are a mission driven, not-for-profit organization that puts people first. We are proud of our reputation for excellence, innovation, and a personal approach to care and services. We encourage and support our residents in their efforts to achieve their goals, and we treat them respectfully. To us at the Wesley Community, it's more than a job, it’s caring that starts in the heart. The Wesley Community is a 36-acre, non-profit agency in Saratoga Springs, NY. Sponsored by United Methodist Health and Housing, Inc., The Wesley Community’s unique continuum of care community provides market rate and affordable housing for independent seniors, enriched living apartments for seniors who desire additional support, in-home health care services, short-term rehabilitation and long-term nursing care, as well as outpatient therapies for people of all ages.
* The primary purpose of an LPN working in our mission-minded environment is to function as a Medication Nurse and / or Team Leader, performing and directing resident care in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern our facility and as planned by the Unit Coordinator to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.*
The Staff Nurse is directly accountable to the Unit Coordinator ,Charge Nurse or Supervisor according to Wesley Health Care Center Policies and Procedures.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
A. Educational Requirements
* 1. Graduation from an approved School of Nursing.*
* 2. Currently licensed with the New York State Board of Regents.*
* 1. One year of geriatric or medical/surgical experience preferred.*
* 2. Medication experience preferred.*
*MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *
* 1. Act as Team Leader and / or Medication Nurse.*
* 2. Help maintain integrity of resident care by assigning, directing and/or assisting with resident care and nursing procedures.*
* 3. Ensure that the Nursing Services Procedure Manual is followed in rendering nursing care.*
* 4. Cooperate with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents' total regimen of care is maintained.*
* 5. Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.*
* 6. Participate in quality assurance programs for nursing services.*
* 7. Participate in surveys/inspections made by authorized government agencies.*
* 8. Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Unit Coordinator, as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the unit.*
* 9. Meet with the Unit Coordinator, other nursing staff, and support personnel, in planning the unit's services, programs, and activities.*